Wind Mitigation Inspection
$125-Wind Mitigation Inspections
Pricing valid for Duval and parts of St. Johns and Clay Counties
As a homeowner with windstorm insurance, Florida law entitles you to premium reductions for certain building features that reduce damage during high wind events. These discounts are justified because stronger, more wind-resistant structures have fewer windstorm-related losses, which mean reduced costs to insurance companies. Most existing homes have one or more construction features that will qualify for windstorm insurance premium discounts. According to the Florida Department of Financial Services, the average homeowner will save 22-45% with a properly completed Wind Mitigation inspection.
The following features qualify for a Windstorm Mitigation insurance discount:
- Roof coverings that meet the 2001 Florida Building Code requirements
- Newly constructed homes that meet the 2001 Florida Building Code requirements
- Roof sheathing (plywood) that have been installed with large, closely spaced nails
- Hurricane clips/straps that hold the roof structure to the walls
- Hip (pyramid) shaped roof structure
We are licensed by the State of Florida to perform these inspections and certify a report which documents the mitigations features present in your home. Your insurance carrier will then discount your windstorm policy, as required by Florida law.